Hi everyone! Today I want to discuss self-care. We hear this term a lot and we know what it means, but we don’t often take a moment to think about it fully.
Reserving moments just for yourself can be life changing. Here’s why:
- Increasing productivity: Giving yourself a much needed break gives you that motivation and excitement to get back into the swing of things.
- Increasing self-knowledge: When you dedicate time to self-care, you discover more about what you do and do not enjoy.
- Better physical and mental health: Doing things that bring us joy makes us happier, and therefore we regain our mental health. Less stress and more happiness will also allow for a better immune system.
- Boost in self-esteem: You matter! So, treat yourself. By doing so, you are able to stay in a positive mindset.
Here are four types of self-care methods and an example of what you can try in the future:
- Physical: Go for a walk and take in your surroundings.
- Spiritual: Every morning, ask yourself what you’re looking forward to for that day.
- Emotional: Write in a journal; let yourself feel vulnerable.
- Sensory: Bake or practice ceramics.
There are many great articles out there about self-care. For more information on the topics I’ve mentioned, visit the article linked below.