Rebranding Fashion’s Capability

Fashion and trends go hand in hand with the race to either follow them or stay away from them. No matter the case, clothing is always evolving, and it’s changing faster than ever before. 

This evolution appears everywhere, as shown by the endless piles of the unused and forgotten, and the dropped clothes that fall off the racks that we don’t hang back up. With evolution also comes excess and fast fashion. Brands such as H&M are offering around 12-16 collections yearly now. And in most cases, this excess ends up in local dumps.

To do something about this issue, For Days, founded by Kristy Caylor and Mary Saunders, created a zero-waste system with clothing that is 100% recyclable. On their website, they explain how,“​​ We plan and design for the end of a product’s life at the beginning to make sure what is returned to us can go into future products.” 

Image Source:

For Days aims to transform the cycle of clothing through a circular economy. To do this, they’ve collected a team composed of designers, recyclers, resellers, and any other part of the system of creation to make sure that every phase of production is sustainable. 

They’ve rebranded fashion’s capability with a hope for a greener standard. Specifically, regarding their clothing, 90% of this brand’s returned clothing is recycled into new materials and the other 10% is resold. Their bags as well have similarly impressive statistics with 50% downcycled, 45% resold, and only 5% trash. 

The clothing itself should also be admired. It’s affordable, comfortable, and designed for the greater good, with their designs being admirable as well. There’s something here for every season, and this time, it’s not temporary. 

Image Source:

On top of its cyclical approach, For Days also makes sure that 1% of each order goes into building a school with free courses for their factory employees’ children. There is full transparency for the customer in the consumption process, with a mindfulness towards the fact that each item is sustainable and 100% recycled and that the workers are treated ethically. 

This is the kind of business that I hope becomes more and more recycled.