Has the fall season enticed your snack cravings? Whether you are keeping up with your schedule or taking time to enjoy the season, here are a few suggestions for quick, fall-themed snacks to make in a pinch.
- Choose from popcorn, banana chips, pumpkin seeds, candy corn or dried fruit to make an autumn trail mix!
- Do you love caramel apples? At the beginning of the week, dip apple slices in melted caramel and store in your fridge (sealed in a container, bag or plastic wrap) to enjoy for up to five days.
- Replicate your favorite Starbucks frappe at home by using milk, ice, and xantham gum, gelatine or Jell-o powder to create a thicker texture. Then, add your desired flavoring, and optional espresso shots. For more details and substitution options, check out Delishably’s article, written by an experienced Starbucks barista.
- Combine basil, thyme and nuts with popcorn for a healthy snack.
- Enjoy fresh fall fruits by making a smoothie with a combination of apples, peaches, plums pears, oranges or berries. Try apples, peaches, berries and granola for a refreshing taste.
- Add a little spice to your breakfast by sprinkling cinnamon on your cereal, oatmeal, tortilla or a buttered piece of toast.
- Exchange chocolate with a healthy drizzle of caramel while making s’mores for a light and crispy treat!
Lastly, get creative! Play around with your kitchen, and share your delicious explorations with your friends.