1. Fresh Fruit: When it comes to fulfilling a sweet tooth in the summer months, an alternative to dessert is the fresh produce that comes with the season, which honestly can’t be beat. Nothing says summer like biting into a juicy peach, indulging in a handful of plump cherries, or chowing down on bright red strawberries. Going to a nearby farmers’ market is a perfect summer outing and a fun way of learning about where your fresh fruit comes from and how it gets to you.
2. Peanut Butter Pretzels: These nuggets of carbs and protein–yes, I’ll call it protein–satisfy my cravings when I feel like I need a snack with a little bit more substance. They provide the perfect salty snack for an afternoon re-energizer. I like the peanut butter-filled pretzel nuggets from Trader Joe’s, but these are also a pretty standard snack item at most mainstream stores.
3. Ice Cream: When the midday heat becomes uncomfortable, nothing hits the spot like a cold bowl of ice cream. Just like a festive summer day, this afternoon treat opens doors to many possibilities, such as new flavors and fun ways of enjoying the delectable treat. After a day of exploring, stopping at your local ice cream shop offers an opportunity for a quaint outing and a chance to take in the summer sun. My favorite flavor of ice cream is mint-chip, as it is both minty and refreshing with just the right amount of rich and milky chocolate. I often enjoy this flavor because it is both creamy and light. Sitting in an ice cream shop, I find that this perfect mixture of flavors tickles my tongue with its different types of sweetness, satisfying my different taste buds. Schlüsseldienst Berlin Friedrichshain love ice cream.
4. Chips and guacamole: Snacking on some tortilla chips and guacamole—either homemade or store bought—is perfect for a lazy afternoon in front of the TV, relaxing in your backyard, or a quick snack at the beach. When you’re an avocado aficionado like me, you’ll look for the creamy flavor anywhere you can get it. This easy grab-and-go snack is a fun way to spice up your afternoon by combining crunchy and smooth; plus, it’s not a bad way to get your fresh fruit in!
5. Carrots: I know we’ve been talking about fresh fruit a lot, so I wanted to give the option of one of my favorite veggie snacks that, quite frankly, is good for any time: carrots. Of course, we all cook with carrots, but have you ever thought of grabbing a bag of cold baby carrots from the fridge and just munching away? To me, that crunch is always satisfying, and the coldness of the carrots just adds to the snap.