The holidays are the perfect excuse to be keen and jolly about every little thing. This time of year is surrounded by activities that scream spirit. From Christmas caroling to eating dozens of sugar cookies, the fun never ends.
Although those typical festivities are an amazing way to ring in the season, there are more unique ways to get to tinseltown. The goal is to feel alive and have a jingle in your heart as you spend time being nostalgic with your loved ones. Here are some atypical ways to celebrate this holiday season.
- Drive around town to wherever there are Christmas lights, wearing pajamas and listening to Christmas (or Hanukkah) music. You’ve got the jams, the treat, the coziness, and the view. Don’t forget to invite your family or some good friends to join you.
- Volunteer. Whether it’s at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter, give the gift of the generosity of your time and love. The reason for the season is to give, not only to your loved ones but to those who may need a little extra loving. You will be glad you did.
- Participate in 12 days of Christmas. Giving little gifts for 12 days is so fun and exciting, with each day as a new wonder. You can give ornaments, DIY gifts, a partridge in a pear tree–whatever your heart desires.
- Paint or draw a holiday scene while listening to Christmas music. The time you take for yourself is important, even during the holiday season. You’ll be keen and jolly after recharging for a session.
- Hang out with a kid who still believes in Santa Clause. Your spirit will be at an all-time high and you’ll feel like a kid again. We could all use a little more child-like wonder, especially as we get older each year.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!